Tuesday, December 4, 2012

at port blair !!!


I smile o'er the wrinkled blue­
Lo! the sea is fair,
Smooth as the flow of a maiden's hair;
And the welkin's light shines through
Into mid-sea caverns of beryl hue,
And the little waves laugh and the mermaids sing,
And the sea is a beautiful, sinuous thing!

I scowl in sullen guise­
The sea grows dark and dun,
The swift clouds hide the sun
But not the bale-light in my eyes,
And the frightened wind as it flies
Ruffles the billows with stormy wing,
And the sea is a terrible, treacherous thing!
......................................................................the sea spirit by Lucy Maud Montgomery

When i thought to start a blog...these beautiful lines came to my mind to start this journey in the ether world.... for me ..its a start of the journey just like the sailors of yester year boarding the ship.. which find the journey both beautiful and frightened in the same go.... as for me ...too.

lets begin .... whether it is  bright or dark... high or low.... calm or furious ....i am on board !!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment